Meet Your Palmetto Bay Orthodontist
A smile can give someone the confidence and self-esteem to excel in life. This is what I love about being an orthodontist—it allows me to positively impact people’s lives. I approach each day with great enthusiasm and I’m thankful to have a career that I’m passionate about.
I was born and raised in Miami and attended Palmetto for both middle and high school. I’m grateful that I can serve the community that I grew up in, creating beautiful smiles for generations of South Florida families.
Creating a beautiful smile takes time, and I truly value the relationships we build with our patients during treatment. I love the journey of transforming each smile and watching the personalities of our patients blossom throughout treatment.
Why an Orthodontist in Palmetto Bay?
Orthodontist vs. Dentist
An orthodontist is a dentist, but a dentist is not an Orthodontist. All orthodontists are dentists first, but though not every dentist has the qualifications to be an orthodontist. Dr. Ross continued his formal education for 2 or 3 additional years before receiving the necessary license and certification. As an orthodontist, Dr. Ross has spent years studying nothing but how and why to move teeth. This includes what to do, how to plan, and how to execute the appropriate treatment plan.
Why does it matter if you see your Palmetto Bay Orthodontist?
Specialists receive additional training to give them the skills needed to deal with more complex orthodontic problems. Dentists receive basic orthodontic training which allows them to perform root canals, extract wisdom teeth, and treat young children who do not need to see an orthodontist yet.
Seeing a specialist like your Palmetto Bay orthodontist may change your experience in braces by:
- Providing additional treatment options.
- Giving you more efficient treatment and visits, because it is the office's primary area of care.
- Knowing that you'll receive the best possible outcome on your treatment plan, especially if you have severe bite problems that need to be addressed.
- Personal experience treating multiple cases that share your unique concerns
- Being seen more quickly, as a family dentist will be focused on longer patient cases or emergencies throughout the day.
- You may think it's easier to have your orthodontic work completed by your dentist. Convenience shouldn't be a concern, because you will only be stopping by your Palmetto Bay orthodontist's offices every six to eight weeks.
And don't let price be a problem either! Smiles of Palmetto Bay is proud to provide affordable treatment in the Palmetto Bay area.